At the farmers market
Coming up this month at the Dirty Farmers Community Market, Highway 65B, Clinton:
• Yes you Can, Can workshop. Learn about canning at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 12, at the market.
• The market’s Captain Produce will talk to all the "little sprouts" about nutrition at 2 p.m. Wednesday. July 17, at the market.
• Do you raise beef, dairy cattle, hogs, chickens, ducks, emus, geese, rabbits, sheep, even buffalo? Then the market has a workshop for you. Learn to grow barley fodder and go from "seed to feed" in just eight days. The workshop is set for 6 p.m. Friday, July 19, at the market.
• The market is hosting a vegan/vegetarian potluck at 5 p.m. Saturday, July 20. Bring a dish to share, your recipe, and a chair.
• Tuesday, July 23, at 6:30 p.m. there will be a workshop on preserving food/dehydration.
All workshops are free and open to the public. For more information call 253-4716.