A trucker involved in a fatal accident in Clinton last month will have to wait until September to find out his fate.
Jerry Hickman, 39, of Bee Branch, was on the docket for Van Buren County Circuit Court last week for a parole revocation hearing. The hearing was rescheduled for Sept. 3, 2014.
On June 2, Hickman was driving a truck when its trailer overturned and lost its load of logs, killing two men who were working on construction of the new Archey Creek bridge. Hickman, according to court documents, is on probation from a 2012 drug case. After the accident, he acknowledged to investigators that he had used methamphetamine, but the time frame of the drug use is not specified in the court papers. The initial state police report blamed the accident on a tire blowout on the trailer.
Also in Judge Charles E. Clawson’s Circuit courtroom on July 1:
* Wilbern L. Ensey, 54, was set for pre-trial on Sept. 3. Ensey is charged with kidnapping, a Class A felony, residential burglary, a Class C felony; and battery-second degree, a misdemeanor. Ensey was part of a plot to kidnap a wealthy Cleburne County man, according to court papers.
* Joe Darrell Busby, 33, was set for pre-trial Sept. 3. On June 27, 2014, he was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Darren Wayne Honeycutt, charged with possession of drug parapharnelia, a misdemeanor, and possession of firearms by certain persons, a Class D felony, was scheduled for pre-trial on July 21. He has a jury trial scheduled for July 23.
* Frank Schermerhorn, 53, charged with distribution/possession/viewing matter depicting child sex, was scheduled for pre-trial on Sept. 3.
* Mark Allen Hinklin, 42, charged with rape, which allegedly occurred in 2007, according to court documents, will have a pre-trial hearing on Sept. 3, and is set for a jury trial on Sept. 17, 2014.
* Patricia Knollenberg, 51, charged with battery-first degree, a Class B felony, and aggravated assault, a Class D felony, after a shooting last year, was scheduled for a pre-trial hearing on July 21, and a jury trial on July 24. In December, she was found fit to stand trial after a mental evaluation.
* Kenny Ray Slack, 36, charged with aggravated assault, a Class D felony, and misdemeanor criminal mischief, was sheduled for pre-trial on July 21, 2014.
* Michael Shane Godfrey, 40, was set for pre-trial on Sept. 3. He is charged with aggravated assault on a corrections, law enforcement officer after allegedly spitting on a paramedic, according to court papers.
* Charles Hicks, 44, is set for pre-trial on July 21 after being found competent to assist in his own defense. Hicks was charged with aggravated assault and possession of firearms by certain persons in September 2013, and with aggravated assault on a corrections, law enforcement officer for allegedly rubbing blood on a jailer in January 2014, according to court documents. All three charges are felonies.
* Pre-trial for Sage Mooring, 41, was set for Sept. 3, 2014. Mooring is charged with aggravated assault, a Class D felony, and felony fleeing after an incident in June.
* Alanna Drew, 36, charged with battery-first degree, a Class B felony, was scheduled for a pre-trial hearing on Sept. 3, 2014. She is accused of running over a woman last month, according to reports.
* Nicholas Derose, 42, who is facing 41 counts of distribution/possession/viewing matter depicting child sex, was set for a July 21, 2014, pre-trial on the charges.