Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. In theaters this weekend is the action thriller "The Meg" rated PG-13 and starring Jason Statham as a rescue diver who must save the crew and the ocean itself from a 75-foot-long prehistoric shark known as the Megalodon; if you're into horror then check out "Slender Man" rated PG-13 about a group of friends, fascinated by the internet lore of the Slender Man, attempt to prove that he doesn't actually exist — until one of them mysteriously goes missing; "BlacKkKlansman" rated R and based on the true story of Ron Stallworth, an African-American police officer from Colorado, who successfully managed to infiltrate the local Ku Klux Klan and became the head of its chapter.
2. 4. National Garage Sale Day is Saturday. If you haven't visited any sales this year, this weekend is the perfect time! Check the newspaper or Craigslist for a full listing of garage sales.
3. Sunday is International Youth Day, a day designed to highlight youth issues across the world. Some places will be holding special events this day, so check the newspaper listings.
4. If it's blazing hot outside and you just want to stay in this weekend, here's a perfect reason: Monday is the birthday of Alfred Hitchcock. You can hold a Hitchcock movie-a-thon or have a Hitchcock-themed party – whatever you can think of to beat the heat and celebrate the cinematic master. Some theaters and TV channels will be showing Hitchcock films as well, so check around.
5. In sports, this weekend we again have Major League Baseball, NASCAR and Major League Soccer, so you'll have plenty to watch on TV. Check online for schedules.